Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Social Bookmarking

I used Delicious as my social bookmarking website for this assignment. I found it extremely easy to use. The biggest challenge I faced was finding sites to link to Delicious! I would really be interested in looking at other teachers sites that they're using. The idea of having all bookmarks in one place is a great idea. I'm not sure that I would use this with my students, as they're fourth graders and have limited internet access,however with fellow teachers I could definitely see the benefit. We could gather together sites that we access to gather materials, teaching tools, videos,etc. A second way, I could use Delicious is with parents. For example, right now we are working on an invention social studies/writing project. I could bookmark sites that they could access at home to help with the project. Realistically, it will take me some time to get used to. It sounds like a great idea, however I'm not sure if I will be able to break away from my typical bookmarking (using "favorites"). But I will certainly try!

No comments:

Post a Comment